[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

Rocker rockerq@...
Sun Nov 16 20:32:13 CET 2014

 You made the right decision. Shame the tapes were lost though...

Rocker

-----Original Message-----
From: billfromnorthwales@... [peel] <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Nov 16, 2014 6:47 pm
Subject: [peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

So that was 35 years ago TODAY and I remember it well.

You see I was fumbling through a romantic encounter with my (first ever) girlfriend, and we were getting through my numerical motions with some vigour, when in the background of the Sanyo G2711 Music Centre is Tommy Vance with his announcement of the Now We Are One anniversary show featuring a listeners votes special.

I had not had warning of this, as I had not popped into WHSmith to look at the Radio Times.

So imagine my excitement.  I leap of the bed in my nuddy and scramble round my student hall flat looking for a C90 or maybe even a C120.

But the pressure was on, I was missing the show and all the tapes were full of stuff, so I was looking for space and waiting for tapes to rewind, and labeling some stuff etc.

I got it sorted and was ready to carry on making flippy floppy, but amazingly, and I still don't understand why, she h ad a right nark on and she stormed off.

But who amonst us would not have done the same?

Alas both the tapes and girlfriend were lost eventually