Re: [peel] 2/5BZ - ŞAKA ETMiYORUM - JOHN PEEL 26.11.1994 ISTANBUL

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Fri Nov 14 19:36:01 CET 2014

PS on closer inspection it was played on a bfbs show on 26.11.94. http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/26_November_1994_(BFBS) when he reveals that he has just returned from Bulgaria and Turkey and that this tape was the best thing he had picked up in Turkey- so maybe someone has cut this from this recording and put up on web for all to hear ...

It is glorious mash up of interviews with Turkish Bmovie stars ... with some extreme noise. Could be the Pop Group messing about ...

________________________________
 From: MARK LUETCHFORD <m.luetchford@...>
To: "peel@yahoogroups.com" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, 14 November 2014, 18:15
Subject: Re: [peel] 2/5BZ - ŞAKA ETMiYORUM - JOHN PEEL 26.11.1994 ISTANBUL

I assumed this was a spam thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EOJF74j3ks

Says track played at John Peel 's radio 1 & world service radio programs in 1994 & 1997. "Of all the music I heard in Turkey, I liked 2/5 BZ best."John Peel

So when did he go to Turkey? We haven't spotted that trip according to this - http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Holidays - possibly a trip to watch a football match.