Some new old shows

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Mon Mar 31 03:37:36 CEST 2014

A step back in time, as Mr Pates has been busy uploading some new Peel.
First up 17th May 1983 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/17_May_1983 a 46 minute segment featuring a couple of Farm session tracks, and a visit from regular contributor Bob George who plays a track featuring a teenage Adam Horowitz.
Then skipping a few years and it's 93 minutes of 19th November 1986 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/19_November_1986, with Eton Crop and Primitives in session. John alerts us to some bad behaviour he will be up to on the following night's Top Of The Pops, and there are some early plays for Tiger and Shamen.
The Shamen's version of Golden Hair was noteworthy http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/17_May_1983not only disabusing me of the notion that it was a Slowdive original, but also for being more 60s sounding than Syd Barrett's version.
Sticking with Pates Tapes, JP3904 has completed the tracklisting of 22nd April 1985 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/22_April_1985 which I started a couple of years ago and must have clean forgotten to complete the job. That show does now contain side b which I think it didn't previously.
JP3904 has also tracklisted 26th October 1989 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/26_October_1989 which contained a second repeat of the No Means No session though the first show that it has been available. Expands coverage of this show from 40 minutes from Phil to just a few minutes short of the whole show.
Thanks to CP for uploading, and to JP3904 for the tracklists and helping out with a Japanese obscurity I was stuck with....
Stuart