Shoegaztastic

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Tue Jun 10 13:06:04 CEST 2014

Rich 200 moves into May 1991.

First up, R157 is just an audio upgrade, the first half of 4th May 1991 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/04_May_1991.
Next, from R158 and R159, a sound upgrade for the overlap with the previously available first half of  5th May 1991 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/05_May_1991 , but now we have most of the second half of the show too, just the last 12 minutes are missing. Features Shamen and Catherine Wheel in session.
R160 provides another sound upgrade for the first half of http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/11_May_1991 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/11_May_1991 .
R161 and R162 provide a full show sound upgrade of 18th May 1991 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/18_May_1991 with Jesus Lizard and Melvins in sessions.
Shoegaze fans (like me) can revel in tracks from Curve Chapterhouse and Boo Radleys peppered through these programmes and Icha features highly on John's playlist.

Finally the minibox of tapes over at the Perfumed Garden Blogspot has produced an 83 minute portion of 26th May 1987 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/26_May_1987 featuring the Primitives and Milk Monitors in session.
Stuart