Donovan sessions from 1968

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Mon Jun 9 20:17:35 CEST 2014

Some time ago Guy Brown posted a link about some John Peel Sessions he
had ripped from his own reel-reel tapes from 1968.

He kindly me sent CDs of these recordings.  Some sessions are already
uploaded, but I think some are either not uploaded or not easily found.

So accepting this may be a duplication, here is the first of these
featuring Donovan. It's a zip file downloadable from
www.mediafire.com/?4e94c61un5g8hki

There are two sessions from 21 January 1968 and 16 June 1968.  The Wiki
lists 11 tracks in total for these sessions but the upload covers a
total of 28 tracks (including the tracks listed in these sessions).  So
perhaps there was another session or maybe the extra tracks were
recorded from another show.  No JP links I am afraid.

I ripped them at 192 kbps, commensurate with an AM reel-reel recording
from that time, and Donovan's soft almost woolly style.

John