[peel] Re: OT : 1983 Alexis Korner Radio 1 shows

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Wed Jul 2 00:28:50 CEST 2014

Bill

I recall none of these emails but when I have time I will investigate and please continue to contribute - its an odd thing that the instantaneous nature of communication makes us feel less connected than we used to. But remember JP was always flying in the dark but he knew he was right to like the music he likes .

Yes as technology allowed him to connect more immediately with his audience he embraced it - fax, email etc. but for most of his career he had to depend on people writing letters and postcards  and sening in tapes and I recall many times him revealing his insecurity as to whether there was anyone out there listening and if they were whether they liked what they were hearing but at other times being bloodyminded about that with an "I dont care what you think" attitude that marked him out from the others.

mark\

From: "billfromnorthwales@... [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 30 June 2014, 22:21
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: OT : 1983 Alexis Korner Radio 1 shows

Well fist time my reply button has worked (after many verbose posts went missing to be lost forever when I have tried replying over the last few months)

Actually my last few requests have all met with stony silence, so I was wondering if anything was getting through.

Quite funny if you are a FOBIA fan, though!

Posted Fist of Fun rework - no reply
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/peel/conversations/topics/7015

Posted Mark Radcliffe request - no reply
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/peel/conversations/topics/19845

Posted a nice comedy clip - no reply
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/peel/conversations/messages/19821

Posted a rubbish comedy clip - no reply
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/peel/conversations/messages/19822

Posted link to BBC ipPlayer radio show - no reply
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/peel/conversations/messages/19820
Yahoo! Groups

Posted request for Walters Weekly Shows - no reply
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/peel/conversations/topics/19103

Well...you get the idea
 FOBIA=Fear Of Being Ignored Again