Fw: [peel] Belle Stars

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Sat Jan 11 13:36:24 CET 2014

You have made someone's cup brim over! Martin - would you mind him putting it on his fansite if he wants to ...

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: mcgregor malcolm <thebellestars@...>
To: MARK LUETCHFORD <m.luetchford@...>
Sent: Friday, 10 January 2014, 22:03
Subject: Re: [peel] Belle Stars

Hello Mark

I cannot fully express how excited I was to get your email with the
link to what I thought would be just the other two Belle Star tracks
from the Richard Skinner 02/03/1981 session but I was not prepared for
the second Richard Skinner session which I was completely unaware
of!!!  To also hear what is probably the first 'aired' recording of
Iko Iko in the very early stages of the Belle Stars which wasn't
released as a single until over a year later is such a treat.

Please pass on my immense thanks to Martin for going to all that
trouble to create these mp3s.

I know I have always been in a bit of a minority being such a massive
Belle Stars fan but to hear these 'lost' tracks after so many years
and coming across recordings that I didn't even know existed is just
fantastic.

I really do appreciate the trouble everyone has gone to making these
tapes available after so many years.

You guys are doing a spectacular job and I know that it's all done
voluntarily and takes an enormous amount of personal time.

Mark, thanks for keeping me in mind yet again and please forward my
thanks onto Martin, Karl and the group for me.

Thank you all so much.

Malc