[peel] The rest of February 1990 from Rich 200

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Fri Jan 10 15:51:48 CET 2014

Good stuff!

Although on a point of order:

"A slightly shorter tape of 21st February 1990 but containing the complete and only Pop Guns session."

They did two!

DM

________________________________
 From: "stuartb@brooks22.plus.com" <stuartb@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 10 January 2014, 1:24
Subject: [peel] The rest of February 1990 from Rich 200

We're back to edited highlights of shows for the rest of February 1990. This has an impact on sound quality which suffers from varying degrees of muffledness. I think that this is due to the varying record azimuth on this batch of tapes which I was able to tune out in the first generation complete show tapes, but not for the dubbed tapes as they have already lost the treble on original playback to make the mixtapes.

Anyway some of it is pretty clear nonetheless, and includes John's links.

Kicking off with 5th February 1990 and quite a short tape, but contains the complete second Birdland session. John has started playing tracks from Extricate.
Next up 6th February 1990 which features a repeat of the Sofa Head session (the session already shared in complete form on R066).
Then we skip to 8th February 1990 with New Fads in session though just the one session track on here. A good hour of the show though and John has started working his way through Bhangra Top 10. The first bit of the show was on a much earlier tape, [[R043]] and I think someone was looking for the audio a while ago but I was waiting for the rest of the show to turn up.
The 13th February 1990show featured a repeat of the Benny Profane session. Then the 19th February 1990 show provided the complete and only Lush session.
A slightly shorter tape of 21st February 1990 but containing the complete and only Pop Guns session.
And finishing up with 28th February 1990 and an older session repeat from the Tunnel Frenzies.
Stuart