[peel] More 1990 Shows

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Fri Feb 14 21:36:58 CET 2014

good to see new shows and improvements turnin up with such frequency in 1990 - thanks. Debs from Dolly Mixture provided vocals for St Etienne at some stage in their career too ...

From: "stuartb@..." <stuartb@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 14 February 2014, 15:19
Subject: [peel] More 1990 Shows

Been busy over the last few days! Here is 31st May 1990 with a repeat of the Charlatans session a sprinkling of Jamaican dancehall tracks and more tracks from John's albums of the moment.
I've shared the show of 4th June 1990 this was previously shared by Colin. The start of the show is still missing (and even more of it) but it does cover a tape flip and sound may be better in places, parts of the Box 500 tape also displayed a wandering azimuth by the sound of it!
The 6th June 1990 isalmost complete just missing the very start of the first track and by the sound of it the show started with that track before any welcome from John. Cranes in session. It came as a surprise to me that it was not Sarah Cracknell s ho sang on the first Saint Etienne records...
Tracks from each of these shows have now been assigned to some of the Best Of Peel Mixtapes, Vols 5 and 6. And I was confident enough to decide that 32 minutes of Vol 5 came from 21st May 1990 so I created a page for that show.
I like the new automatic track listing completion facility the wiki now has, saved me a second pass through 6th June after ripping it :)
I did forget to upload 5th June before leaving Rip Central but the page for that show is up, just awaiting some final checks on the audio. Will upload that one next week.
Stuart