[peel] Is it sad...?

ukbongo@... ukbongo@...
Sun Feb 2 00:18:47 CET 2014

Yea, couldn't leave it alone, could I?  :)
Absolutely, totally agree with you re. the source. I was just rambling about what lies behind that and basic limitations of the formats themselves.
But I shouldn't focus on any of this audiophile stuff really. This group is a pure joy for me. An oasis of enthusiasm and passion and a celebration of a man who, like all of us, had failings and weaknesses but combined an endearing ability to look at music in the same way a child sees toys on a Christmas morning.
His honest, open and enthusiastic manner provided the same perfect combination of qualities that you find in the greatest teachers of our age. I, for one, know that if I had him at my school, I'd have passed my 'O' Levels the first time around :)

Paul