[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Mon Dec 29 16:12:40 CET 2014

Warms the cockles ...

________________________________
 From: "clashbore18@... [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 23 December 2014, 9:01
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

Monoconics were my mate's band. He couldn't believe it first time round when this was unearthed. Since then Green from Scritti Politti has played it on 6 music ( about 5 months ago ) but apart from that The Monoconics were completely unsung. I worked with Denny Monoconic at Rough Trade in 1990 ( distribution warehouse ) and ironically had a tape ( my unshared Jan 1981 ) with the one solitary airplay of their single on it. When he told me what his band used to be called I remembered I had  a tape of the single being played by Peel.... that was chance enough.
But about 18 years later The Monoconics session turned up here on a ripped mp3 and I sent him a burnt CD of it ( I think the session is made up of 2 tracks and the other 2 from a repeat session on incomplete shows ? ). It also includes Peel reading out a letter Denny sent in about the band.
Anyway ... just another great thing about these shared shows.