[peel] Karl's Tape December 1981 now on Moo

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Mon Dec 29 16:09:57 CET 2014

Agree - I like this little window that also included Kajagoogoo (but it can be forgiven!) - tehre was a lot of bass slapping and rediscovery of James Brown. At that time "scenes" came and went with amazing speed - all based on predecessors mod, soul, country, skiffle, jazz, folk, Zootsuits, Latin American, swing, African, reggae, motown - all infused music in this period with hundreds of different genres sprouting from the punk ethic. I would struggle to put into an order but I read a book  (by Siomn Reynolds - I think) that gave it an excellent stab!

________________________________
 From: "clashbore18@... [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 23 December 2014, 13:51
Subject: [peel] Karl's Tape December 1981 now on Moo

Tracklisting to follow. Includes a much more rough and ready session from ABC before they released Lexicon Of Love the next summer and made Imperial Bedroom sound like Trout Mask Replica. Indeed there is a forgotten period of around 6 months in 1981 with British funk claiming all legitimacy. Higsons and Stimulin ( both on here ) also Haircut 100 and ABC before the indie embracement of over produced pop.
 Merry Xmas