Three More May 1980

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Sun Dec 21 18:02:44 CET 2014

111 minutes from the 8th May 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/08_May_1980show expanding upon the 78 minutes from the 400 Box, now in crystal clear mountaintop to mountaintop FM stereo. Only 4 minutes missing from this show now. Comsat Angels and Swell Maps in session.

Both Tishbriz and John Peel Papers had provided tracklistings for the 14th May 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/14_May_1980, but now for the first time we have audio. 81 minutes, and three-quarters of the sessions from Passions and Prefects are present.

Next. the  19th May 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/19_May_1980. Only 57 minutes of this show were previously found on the 400 Box, though from what I can work out from the wiki page history, another 29 minutes were added later using spliced in recordings of some of the missing tracks.

Now we have the full show. Monochrome Set and Chords in session.

While the 400 Box recording included the outro to the dedication track John played to mark the death of Ian Curtis, this new recording for the first time, captures John's actual on air announcement of his death.

Stuart