[peel] Karl's Tape July 1981

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Tue Dec 16 16:17:19 CET 2014

Just tracklisting this now and trying to work out where the join is between the 8-10 show and the Peel show on side 1.

Something tells me that the B52’s and Joe Jackson’s Jumpin’ Jive will be from the evening show (though I know JP played Joe’s first singles) and that from Charge onwards, it will be the Peel show of 7th July. Not sure about Dillinger but John did play him in 1979, so thinking of putting the join between Joe Jackson and Dillinger.

Some good old rarities again and just like June, a track which was never released....

Stuart

From: mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 4:36 PM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Karl's Tape July 1981

Currently uploading to moo , these tapes are being kicked into touch a bit by the Derby Box tapes and probably rightly so but here goes anyway...

Around about the same time as Charles and Diana's wedding and Botham's cricketing heroics at Headingly I was taping these tracks. I think we have something like 30 mins of the 8-10pm show and then 90 mins of Peel ( perhaps ) - Some of side 2 already exists as an upload. Contains 3/4 of a rare Modettes session as well.

Side 1

Clint Eastwood & General Saint / Another One Bites The Dust

Random Hold / Walking On The Edge

Nervous Kind / Five To Monday

Saul / Tribes

The Wall / ?

B52'S / 52 Girls

Joe Jackson / Jumpin' Jive

Dillinger / Melting Pot

Josef K / Fun N' Frenzy

Charge / Brave New World

Steve Miller Band / Brave New World

Red Army Choir / ?

Lone Ranger / Tribute To Bob Marley

Nightingales / ?   ( session )

Proud Scum / Jump Off Grafton Bridge

Chameleons / Things I Wish I Said  ( session )

Neon Barbs / Break Your Chains

Nightingales /   ? ( session )

Joe Tex & Hugh Black / Batman & Robin

Chameleons / The Fan & The Bellows ( session )

Side 2

Ski Patrol / Faith In Transition

Meteors / Rock House ( session ?  )

Johnny Osbourne / Mr Politician

Delta 5 / Innocenti

Delta 5 / Final Scene

Delta 5 / Circuit

Ras Karbi / Jah Rastaman

It's Immaterial / A Gigantic Raft In The Phillipines

Meteors / My Daddy Was A Vampire  ( session ? )

Bauhaus / Bela Lugosi's Dead

Gang Of Four / To Hell With Poverty

Fingerprintz / Dance Of The Bohemians

Modettes / L' Intro ( session )

Modettes / White Rabbit ( session )

Modettes / Yellow Smile or Nasty Children ( not sure which ) { session}

Black / ?

The Room / In Sickness & In Health

Angelic Upstarts / Two Million Voices