[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

thebarguest@... thebarguest@...
Mon Dec 15 15:36:25 CET 2014

>>>Well the same argument must go for Lou Reed, Bob Dylan, Neil Young >>>>etc. None of them could "sing" in conventional terms.

 Good point. One of my friends hates Van Morrison because of his singing style, but I quite like him. Peel favourites Beefheart and Mark E. Smith are unconventional crooners but I like them both, especially the Fall. I like that Bragg song about the road in Essex ! And his work with Imagined Village is good... Maybe the "worst" singers are those in "grindcore" type bands that just seem to bellow/shout/spew out the words, ha ha ....