[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Tue Dec 9 13:34:04 CET 2014

Sterling work, worthy of Haze and his Gumtree tapes additions. Puts my undocumented mixtapes to shame! Looks like there will have to be an updated version of 20th Nov once you get to DB040. My half of the tapes looks to be more straight forward.

The wiki, and the “List Of Shows” Google sheet have been updated with all of these details, with help from Steve SIG and JP3904

Stuart

From: mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2014 10:07 PM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

Right - so now I have ripped the first two compilation tapes DB020 and DB030 and, thanks to Stu pointing out at least one mistake in dating and ordering the tracks, I think I now have them straight (famous last words)

9 tracks from 13 September 1978 are added from DB020 to the 2 that were already shared, so this show is now 36 mins 22 secs long
Mooo

The Revolutionaries track from 18 September 1978 is salvaged from DB020 adding a further 5 minutes or so to this show so the file length is now 1 hour 40 mins
Mooo

A further 20 minutes of 20 September 1978 appears on DB020, so the file length for that show is now 34 mins 47 seconds
Mooo

Another couple of tracks emerge on DB020 from the edited 25 September 1978 show. This is the one where he taped over the double play of Teenage Kicks. TKx2 is still missing, but the Leyton Buzzards and Devo tracks are reinserted to their rightful place. The file length is now 1 hour 49 mins
Mooo

19 minutes and 32 seconds remain of the show from 30 October 1978 on DB020 (Elvis Costello session)
Mooo

The previously messed up section of 31 October 1978 from DB030 now has the tracks from 2nd Nov removed and added some further tracks from DB020, so we have 17 minutes 34 seconds of this show
Mooo

And to correct the mistake with the original file I uploaded for 31st Oct, I've created a new file for 2 November 1978 that is 14 mins 53 secs
Mooo

I think that wraps it up. There is one more compilation tape (DB040) to rip, but there are only two shows on that tape (20-11-78 and 26-12-78) so it should be less complicated to work out . Then it's no more erased tapes/compilations after that - and should be plain sailing!

A special prize if you followed all that...