[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

RobF robfleay@...
Sun Dec 7 16:36:37 CET 2014

And to counter-balance the FRS goodies, here's 1 hour 10 minutes of the
Peel show from the rest of DB036

21 December 1978 <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/21_December_1978>
The Carpettes in session
The full tracklisting was shared by the Peel Papers on Facebook but we had
no recording of this show, until now.
Both the Peel Papers taper and the Derby Box taper have marked their
tracklistings as the Bonzo Dog Band in session, but the mystery is almost
certainly solved by this tape. Peel doesn't refer to it as a session at any
point, and you can clearly here vinyl pops and crackles during the songs
(which is testament to the quality of these Derby Box tapes). I'm pretty
sure that whoever posted the theory on the wiki page has got it right and
that he's just enthusiastically playing multiple tracks from the LP - as he
was doing frequently for loads of bands in 1978
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201978%20Tapes/1978-12-21/>