Some more Derby

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Sun Dec 7 01:41:40 CET 2014

DB159 contained 92 minutes of 31st March 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/31_March_1980, a sound upgrade and 5 minutes of new content.

It is so refreshing to hear "broadcast quality" output on Radio 1, things really did go downhill after this. John's voice level is set below that of the music, and the quieter intro to the first Pauline Murray session track is not boosted which means that when the track gets louder it actually does and stay loud, rather than rush into the background.

Next up, from DB160, a rather ungenerous 91 minutes on the Memorex MRX3 was jam packed with 3rd April 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/03_April_1980. Had the tape been a bit longer the quetsion regarding the mysterious OMD track that hadn't even been recorded yet on the 400 Box tape of the same date, might have been answered. A sound upgrade obviously, and some missing minutes edited from the 400 box are new. Funnily enough I had recently bought a one off tape from eBay containing the first 27 minutes of this show in intermediate quality. Well, I didn't know what was coming around the corner, did I!

Finally side 1 of DB161, 47 minutes of 10th April 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/10_April_1980, again just a sound upgrade to the 400 Box, so next to no wiki editing again for me!

Stuart