[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

RobF robfleay@...
Fri Dec 5 10:25:18 CET 2014

Derby Box incoming

More Friday Rock Show from tapes DB033 & DB034
The fourth show IN FULL give or take tape flips (also unshared according to
the FRS wiki) from 8th December 1978
Sessions from XTC and Robin Trower. TV sounds like he's been on the booze
from the amount of times he manages to mix his words up.
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/Friday%20Rock%20Show/1978-12-08%20Friday%20Rock%20Show%20DB032+DB033+DB034.mp3>

Then back to some Peel..

The full 4 December 1978 <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/04_December_1978> show
from tapes DB032 & DB033 - previously unshared.
Subway Sect and Matumbi in session. Peel doesn't seem that impressed with
the Matumbi session
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201978%20Tapes/1978-12-04/>

The first 51 minutes of the 11 December 1978
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/11_December_1978>show from tape DB034.
Previously unshared
Starts with the Kop Choir instead of the usual Grinderswitch. Sessions from
The Cure and Buzzcocks
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201978%20Tapes/1978-12-11/>

And then I skipped forward to tapes DB115, DB116 and DB117 as a special
request on the Peel Sessions Facebook group, The Members second session
from 1st October 1979 <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/01_October_1979> is
apparently long lost and the band don't even have a copy - so they will be
ecstatic to hear the full 2 hour show in the usual Derby Box quality. Other
session is from Fun Boy 5
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-10-01/>

Another FRS is coming next