[peel] Freaks session

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Sat Aug 9 13:55:44 CEST 2014

Hi Vince

I do remember your earlier post but I guess that the lack of a reply meant that nobody had the session.

There are very few shows surviving from the early 1970s, as this wiki page for 1971 demonstrates.

The show you are looking for is 20th March 1971 and the session is listed in Ken’s book as Freaks.

The session is out there somewhere, see http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=8062.30 but the link referred to is dead.

Maybe best join one of the Bonzo/Stanshall sites/forums and pick it up that way.

Stuart

From: mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2014 11:38 PM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Freaks session

Hello,

I have posted this request earlier but it doesn't seem to have reached the group.

My quest is for a Top Gear show (probably) aired on March 20, 1971 with a session by a band named "Freaks" (or perhaps "Bonzo Dog Freaks"), this band consists of former-Bonzo's Vivian Stanshall and Neil Innes plus other musicians.

There's no need for the whole show, just the four or five session tracks would be great.

The tracks are:
Come Out In The Open
Music for Rawlinson End
Rawlinson End
Bad Blood
Wotcha or Watcher

As ever, any help would be most appreciated.

All the best, Vince