[peel] Pointless pastime?

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Sat Apr 12 14:40:37 CEST 2014

http://www.discogs.com/artist/1078855-Dupars-The

Rocker

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Ford <ford.alan@...>
To: peel <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Apr 12, 2014 1:18 pm
Subject: [peel] Pointless pastime?

I found a Peel compilation tape yesterday labelled Now 1 87/88. It's mainly poor quality and has no links, so I decided to 'reconstruct' it using my own CDs/Spotify/Youtube etc.

I know you're all dying to know, so here's side A:

01 Boyoyo Boys - Back In Town
02 Alex Chilton - Make A Little Love
03 Gene Simmons - Going Back To Memphis
04 Ali Farka Toure - Lalayche
05 FSK - Sprechen Sie Deutsch
06 Neil Young - Powderfinger
07 Dupards - Love Cooking
08 Gore (Session) 17:55
    Axe Of Revenge
    Loaded
    Mean Man's Dream
    Chainsaw
09 Sonny Thompson - Screamin' The Boogie

The only track I drew a blank on was track 7; I can find no mention of any band, ever, called The Dupards. Has anyone else ever heard of them? Could there be another way of spelling it? The lyrics go something like

Cook it up, cook it up,
Roll it out, add a lot of lovin',
Let it rise, stick it in the oven,
Leave it in, just a little longer,
Cook it up, cookin' up a hunger,
Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker man,
Love me, love me, all you can,
Ah, love cookin'

I'm pretty sure it's not about baking. I uploaded it here
https://soundcloud.com/alan-ford-9/the-dupards-love-cooking

Alan