[peel] Help needed from early 80s peel listeners

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Fri Sep 13 15:35:06 CEST 2013

Yeh that was me I listened to as many of Float Up CP tracks from the album that are available on Youtube, and concluded that there were none of the Neneh-mannerisms on the track in question. I had used Shazam on the tape already and the unidentifieds that are left were not recognised.
I don't think we have had the track listing from the inlay yet, so maybe the answers are there...

Stuart

From: MARK LUETCHFORD
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 1:54 PM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Help needed from early 80s peel listeners

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Karl%27s_Tape_17_-_April_May_1983

There are 4 tracks on here from 1983 that I have spent too long trying to identify!

The first two are pigbag/float up cp/y record like. The first is an instrumental on side a and you would have to be a big fan of band to recognise it. On Side B first track is the second sounds like Float Up Cp to me -as I think the vocalist sounds a bit like rip rig and panic era neneh cherry but someone else has edited it in disagreement so I'm not so certain now...

The second two sound like they are the same band and maybe a session - Karl's tapes usually only lists the band the first time if it is a session but in this case I can't hear another band that sounds remotely like them earlier in the tape. I think the tracks are excellent examples of their time but searching for the lyrics gets me nowhere ...

Any help gratefully received. Did someone say there was some software that could identify songs ... it might be time to deploy it.

Mark