[peel] The Cure's new version of "Tainted Love" (8)

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Fri Sep 6 21:19:23 CEST 2013

Steve

Thought it was an anagram of The Cure's but unless is its The Curse ...

Is there a Kershaw page somewhere with tracklistings etc.

Mark

________________________________
From: "so_it_goes_2512@yahoo.co.uk" <so_it_goes_2512@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 6 September 2013, 19:19
Subject: [peel] The Cure's new version of "Tainted Love" (8)

Hi gang

A spell at home after surgery on my left ankle has produced another stunning ML/SL/SIG production!

23 January 1993 (Crane, Flaming Lips). L354 contains sections from the middle and end of the show.
06 February 1993 (Meat Beat Manifesto, Therapy?). The very start of the show, preceded by Andy Kershaw (Oliver Mtukudzi - link here). These are from L349, to complement Lord Turnip's L367.
20 February 1993 (Even As We Speak, Ukrainians). L358 fills in parts near the beginning and in the middle.
27 February 1993 (FSK, Superchunk). Lord Turnip processed one tape of this show, now here's some more filling in the very start and some of the one-third mark, plus the end of Kershaw from that date (Hadji Mike, Simbe Wanyika - link here)
05 March 1993 (Pulp, Polvo). Unbelievably, we still don't have a complete version of this show, but it can't be far away. In toto, we have one file from Isector, another from L326, and now four new ones from L359/L360.
24 April 1993 (Bailterspace, Nectarine No.9). L353 has a short section from the beginning of a prog that has already been shared in full. The remainder of the tape, however, is from Kershaw's first show after his return from Malawi (Dennis Bovell, Fumbi Jazz Band) so is well worth the effort (links here).
30 April 1993 (Bikini Kill, Ivor Cutler). Only a short section on L354 from the one-third mark.

OK, enjoy (as I will the next 4 weeks with a block of concrete attached to my leg).
Steve (TK)