[peel] RE: 27 October 2004

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Tue Oct 29 00:51:05 CET 2013

Being lazy now - but how many of these post-shows were based on track listings and how many based on a records in a box?

Interesting that he did track listings so far in advance and then had boxes of records ready to build future shows. I've never put together a radio show but is that normal way of doing it? I always had this image of him doing this the day of the show in his office/Peel Acres but that was always probably unrealistic. I now have this image of him listening to new stuff constantly and lobbing them into a box/on to the seat of the car if he liked the sound of them and then spending some time later building a track listing for shows a month in advance from his collection. Starting with the new stuff from the box, adding a bit of reggae, a bit of 50s stuff, the session tracks, an old favourite, a few bpms, a Fall track (if we were lucky), a bit of folk, a bit of african and then some more new stuff again. I presume the new stuff that didn't make it into that show was put into the box for later use or was discarded as he didn't like it as much the second time.
 That's a lot of work and when he was doing 4 shows a week must have been almost full time but then he did BFBS/Finnis/Austrian etc. too.

Again there is probably a wiki page on this already!

________________________________
 From: "johnpeel3904@....uk" <johnpeel3904@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 28 October 2013, 23:14
Subject: RE: Re: [peel] RE: 27 October 2004

Thanks to you Dr Mango, I've added tracklistings of post-peel shows from 2004 and also strangely the BBC Peel site didn't have the tracklisting of 23rd December 2004. Thankfully Phil's Mighty Database gave me the tracklistings of that date. I've also managed to sort out the links, when clicking on the dates from the 2004 Calendar on the Peel Wikia site.