[peel] RE: Milestones

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Tue Oct 22 12:21:50 CEST 2013

iCloud was ended by Apple a year or two ago.

There are legal problems associated with hosting all this stuff - the owners of the music Peel played - ie the songwriters, record companies and publishers - could potentially see the use of their material as simply illegal file-sharing.

Rocker

-----Original Message-----
From: egdirdle2013 <egdirdle2013@...>
To: peel <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Oct 22, 2013 11:11 am
Subject: RE: Re: Re: [peel] RE: Milestones

I agree. Not really a problem of course but you have to turn over a lot of stones sometimes. I think my collection that runs from 1978 - 1984 is complete but I have to check a lot of folders on a lot of pages to find out.

---In peel@yahoogroups.com, <peel@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I have to say that it would be good to have one consolidated archive. Mooo is great but sometimes if you're looking for a particular show you have to trawl through all the different users directories.

One big archive with a standardised naming convention and folders per year would be brilliant.

Or at least brilliant for those of us with OCD filing tendencies...

I seem to remember that Rocker was keeping stuff on his iCloud or something at one point?