More Karl Tapes also inlay help wanted!

egdirdle2013@... egdirdle2013@...
Mon Oct 21 12:57:15 CEST 2013

Karl here ( at last ) no I would have taped as live I imagine. Although there is , I suppose , a possibility that I had gaps at the end of tapes that I sometimes just filled. There would however have been no forwarding or rewinding I don't think. Over 30 years ago is hard to remember.
 Andrew has all the inlays as well as the tapes at the moment.

---In peel@yahoogroups.com, <stuartb@...> wrote:

 Another couple of 1982 tapes now wikified.

Karl's Tape 05 - May 1982 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Karl%27s_Tape_05_-_May_1982
Side A starts with Kid Jensen show 24th May 1982 before moving onto newly available 24 May 1982 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/24_May_1982 . Then another KJ show with an unknown session and possibly a late transition to a Peel show. Quite a few unknown trax though thanks to JohnPeel3904 for identifying them.

Karl's Tape 06 - June 1982 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Karl%27s_Tape_06_-_June_1982
Side A looks like the evening session of 22nd June 1982. A slight mystery is the apparent Members session, which is not documented in In Session Tonight. The tracks are not the versions from the album. 4 unidentified trax. Side B moves onto edited highlights of newly available 22 June 1982 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/22_June_1982 though another slight mystery is that a couple of tracks which were played that night according to the John Peel Papers, appear out of sequence earlier on Karl's Tape.
The two possibilities are:
1. The said two tracks were also played on the evening session.
2. The said two tracks were squeezed in to a gap at the end of side 1 and start of side 2. This could only have happened through a tape to tape dub, as there would not have been enough time to catch the next track on a pause button first generation tape. So Karl, is option 2 a possibility? If not I'll keep those tracks as part of the Evening Session.

Stuart