[peel] Re: Say it to the rest On behalf of Zomgqashiyo

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Wed Oct 16 18:25:24 CEST 2013

just to say you've lost me - just to say I really really like the scratches on my vinyl - its the quality of the tune not the recording - that grabs me and has anyone sourced the "life has surface noise" quote yet?

________________________________
 From: Dr Mango <dr_mango2004@...>
To: "peel@yahoogroups.com" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 16 October 2013, 14:24
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: Say it to the rest On behalf of Zomgqashiyo

I get rather hacked off when people start bleating about lossless formats, as if it's going to make ANY difference to the sonic quality of aged recordings often made on cheap tapes and ripped years later on a different tape deck often without azimuth correction.

On a personal note, I'm not prepared to wait around for an hour at a time while a massive wav / flac file is uploaded to whatever file server is called into use. My time is more important, as is my bandwidth.

DM