[peel] newbie - I ripped a show, now what?

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Sun Oct 13 20:39:11 CEST 2013

A good alternative for converting the wav files to mp3 is the Switch Audio File Converter. It can handle lots of different file types - and it's free!

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

DM

________________________________
 From: Stuart Brooks <stuartb@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 10 October 2013, 20:31
Subject: Re: [peel] newbie -  I ripped a show, now what?

Hi Mark,

Normally we share files in mp3 format. There are probably lots of programs
that will convert a wav file to mp3. I use Audacity (which you need to install
along with a separate installation of Lame for Audacity which does the
encoding). All the instructions for this are available at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows .

You would import the wav file into Audacity then Export as mp3, choosing a
reasonable bit rate (192kbps or above).

Of course whatever program you used to record the wav files may already be
able to export to mp3.

As far as uploading goes, a quick way you can do this without signing up
for any accounts etc is to go to http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/incoming/ (log in with the details presented to you) and follow the instructions. Within a
day the file will be available at http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/uploads/?C=M;O=A.

Announce to this group here, and someone can then tracklist the programme
on the John Peel Wiki http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/1998. You
can even get involved yourself if you wish. As you can see from that page, there
are actually very few shows available from 1998, so it would be great to add to
that!

Good luck and thanks for offering to make your tape available.

Stuart