[peel] Karls Tape Mid-Late Feb 1982

egdirdle2013@... egdirdle2013@...
Wed Nov 27 12:11:23 CET 2013

I have an earlier Pulp song. Maybe even the first session on a November 1981 tape somewhere... well in a box under my feet actually. Although it is available commercially I believe.

---In peel@yahoogroups.com, <M.Luetchford@...> wrote:

 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Karl%27s_Tape_-_Mid-Late_February_1982 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Karl%27s_Tape_-_Mid-Late_February_1982

 If anyone wants to hear a very early Pulp song follow the link ...

 From: Stuart Brooks <stuartb@...>
 To: peel@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Tuesday, 26 November 2013, 20:24
 Subject: Re: [peel] Karls Tape Mid-Late Feb 1982

 Cheers Karl that’s the tape now wikified.

 Couldn’t identify the Ellery Bop track or where the Peel show of 23rd February turned into the Jensen show on side 2 but I guess at least by the time the Boomtown Rats came on – though the Bovell sound on that one made the band sound more like Annie Whitehead than the Boomtown  Rats which is a good thing!

 The tracks I did identify as coming from the 23rd February were thanks to a segment of that show being previously available.

 Incidentally what tape recorder did you use, the slight distortion sometimes apparent at the very start of a new track mirrors that on my own mono cassette deck I had in these days, until I got the hang of doing a record-pause then unpause to allow the automatic record level that it had to settle at a non-distorting volume!

 Stuart