O/T Psychedelic Poll

billfromnorthwales@... billfromnorthwales@...
Wed Nov 6 17:34:38 CET 2013

 Hello Mick,

 I just had to say how much I loved www.marmalade-skies.co.uk!

 It was for some time the only place you could get an in concert transmission date for the early 70's.

 To anyone who has not got the "A  Trip to Toytown" 5CD release, it is a joy to behold if you spent any part of your life in the 60's

 Not sure about the current links as they seem to take you to a downlooad mananger, but they are all "out there"

 I loved the Toytown rules, which are a fine way to select this sort of music

▪          There must be a prevailing sense of humour. No message songs or anything overly earnest.

▪          Children’s stories, children’s voices or songs about children (especially scared children) were bound to get in.

▪          Songs about toys, toy lands, toy towns and trains are right in.

▪          Songs with the word “little” in the title got very serious consideration.

▪          Cookies and other confections mentioned in songs pleased us very much

▪          Animals are good Toytown subjects especially if they are doing something funny (like hanging around in baskets or eating people).

▪          Songs about people qualify especially if the people in question are somewhat out of touch with reality, have quaint jobs or are someone’s Auntie.

▪          Concept albums and their creators (such as the Small Faces) seem to fit other genres better so we left them off this list.

▪          Lastly, the Beatles and Pink Floyd were disqualified. We recognize that both Paul McCartney and Syd Barrett are two of the founding fathers of Toytown but including them in our list seemed too obvious.

A fne sub genre of psychedelia.

For the poll, I always like Traffic's "Hole in my Shoe" with wahat Peel called "that dreadful child"

Or "Blue Jay Way" by the Beatles

Our esteemed member David Quantick, did an ecxellent radio show of this , so look out for that on 6 Music

---In peel@yahoogroups.com, <mickcapewell@...> wrote:

 Hi all
 Sorry to bother everyone. If any fans of UK Psych are members here, could I just ask for a minute of your time to vote in my 2013 Marmalade Skies Greatest British Psychedelic Pop Song Poll.
 I held a poll in 2010 and See Emily Play once more consigned Strawberry Fields to "only" reaching #2
 All I need are your Top 5 fave UK psych tracks, in order of preference. Please send your choices to me at mickcapewell@... mailto:mickcapewell@...
 Poll closes 30th November.
 Once everything is totted up I'll play the top 50 ( or 60) on my Rosé Coloured Glasses show in December.
 More details at www.marmalade-skies.co.uk
 Thanks very much!

 Sent from my iPhone