Tangential link to Peel, fao Mark Luetchford

Jackie Wilson jwilsonsaid@...
Mon May 20 17:47:08 CEST 2013

fao Mark,
One of the more active repositories of all things Morrissey is
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/forum.php

Morrissey calls it SoLow.com and doesn't approve, so it's a pretty busy site!
I guess you'd have to post on the forum and your story might get highlighted on the Home page if you pass the audition.

Been lurking on the Peel group recently as JP was such a big influence.  I'm a big Smiths/Morrissey 'fan', although old enough to be slightly embarassed by the term ... I remember taping the first Smiths sessions and hearing JP say "You might as well start liking them now and then when they're famous you can turn to friends and say 'yea well I've always been into the Smiths" or similar.  I was stunned to be 'there' at the birth and forever regretted not seeing them live [work/life got in the way].  Listened to some of my old cassettes a while ago and they've sadly deteriorated, so thanks to all for rescuing the past by posting recordings.