In concert 1980

Simon snortham@...
Fri May 10 18:11:23 CEST 2013

I think I've caused some confusion with the layout I have used

Where there is no episode number it means that I believe that this 'in concert' programme was broadcast after this place in the list, for example

> > >    Marley, Bob            Paris Theatre   24/05/73 00:51:48 see msg 16722

This is because leicesterjim refers to this being broadcast in April 1980

These others I have found references to but I haven't a gap before June 1980 (in the belief that maybe Jim meant 10.05.1980)

> > >    Any Trouble     Paris Theatre   00:00:00
> > >    Black Slate     Paris Theatre   00:30:12
> > >    Inmates     Paris Theatre   00:25:33
> > >    Lindsay, Jimmy     Paris Theatre   00:36:54
> > >    O'Connor, Hazel    (1)    00:25:50
> > >    O'Connor, Hazel    (2)    00:29:53
> > >    Wildlife     Paris Theatre   00:25:53
> > >    Gallagher & Lyle    H'smith Odeon   16/11/79   IC0217
> > >    Pretenders         IC0222.1
> > >    Richard, Cliff     H'smith Odeon   15/12/79     IC0218
> > >    Selecter     Birmingham Poly
> > >    Tzuke, Judie     H'smith Odeon   16/11/79    IC0234.1
> > >    Whitesnake     Gaumont, S'thn  03/06/80

this also applies further down the list but in those cases I have a recording date, and then the last lot are as described. ie: IC entries are from the BBC catalogue for 1981 so some may not have been recorded/broadcast in 1980.

So my apologies for that!

Thanks for the info on Nazareth (a repeat of 5/4/80 I suspect) and Climax Blues Band (although at the end of 'Chris Rea' on 7th June TV says next week Climax Blues Band, so was this postponed?)

Do you think that the IC numbers should generally be in the same order as TX dates, or recording date?, or are these just a red herring?

My database has all the in concert recordings I can find mention of  so I can relatively easily post a list formatted as per Bill's for 1981, and the following years (each as a new topic?)

Simon