[peel] Re: More "In concerts"

Roger Carruthers unity.gain@...
Thu May 9 21:46:19 CEST 2013

You can get it from RS in everything from an aerosol to a 5 litre tin!
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/?sra=oss&r=t&searchTerm=isopropyl&x=0&y=0
Cheers
Roger

From:  RobF <robfleay@...>
Date:  Thursday, 9 May 2013 09:39
To:  <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Subject:  Re: [peel] Re: More "In concerts"

My last batch of L Tapes properly clogged up my tape heads. I tried to buy
Isopropyl Alcohol from the chemist and they said they no longer sold it due
to substance abuse?!

So I ended up buying a tape head cleaner set from Maplins. It has a bottle
of Isopropyl alcohol in it. I just threw the tape cleaner cassette away. I
can't see how they can be very useful. You drop the alcohol on the visible
tape and then press play - within one second the wet piece of tape is no
longer anywhere near the tape head and residual alcohol has evaporated. A
well doused cotton bud is my friend