[peel] Non-Peel: Tackhead/Gary Clail

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Tue May 7 22:29:36 CEST 2013

Welcome - always keen to hear on u stuff but a shame you don't have any peel tapes - why not ask your pals. it is often my second question when I meet a fellow traveller who appreciates good music... I have visions of boxes of late 70s and early 80s mouldering away in a half forgotten box that one day we will find quite by chance - is there an appropriate facebook page that we could use to attract interest

... does anyone know what happened after the BBC appealed for recordings recently ...

________________________________
 From: Alan <ash@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 7 May 2013, 11:30
Subject: [peel] Non-Peel: Tackhead/Gary Clail

Hi folks

I'm afraid I don't have any Peel tapes, but I do have a tape (possibly 2) of a New Years' Eve special that Gary Clail did for a radio station in Bristol in the late 80s. Sadly it does include a fair bit of Clail's ignorant, self-serving nonsense, but there's a good couple of hours (possibly even 3) of solid Tackhead and On-U stuff.

I'm happy to rummage in the loft for them and post them to someone with the technical wizardry to digitize them if anyone is interested. FM stereo broadcast onto TDK SA tapes.

with all good wishes
Ash