Fw: [peel] Empress of Peel Acres? (3, 3)

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Fri Mar 1 10:59:06 CET 2013

rude word alert - there was a rude word in the message below and it seems to have fallen foul of my spam box so I have removed and resent - in the immortal words of JPeel - for those of a sensitive disposition turn off now!

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: MARK LUETCHFORD <M.Luetchford@btopenworld.com>
To: "peel@yahoogroups.com" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, 1 March 2013, 9:13
Subject: Re: [peel] Empress of Peel Acres? (3, 3)

I think I've said this before but one of my earliest memories of peel was having an argument with my older brother about how genesis were a fine band - he was an early adopter of punk and reluctantly had given in to me and gave me his jethro tull, and genesis records (rather than smashing them!) as he had no further use for them. We shared a bedroom and one night peel played a track from genesis seconds out - a live album they released around this time and I said look even peel still likes genesis - then at the end he said - something like - "I don't really think I should still play that rubbish but I know that some of my older listerners like it still" - so I felt really stupid! It wasn't long before I was borrowing his 45s and still have some of his early purchases . Although the majority of them were nicked sometime; including Wayne County and the Electric Chairs doing F**k  off, which - thinking about it - I'd still like to hear.  I presume
 Peel must have played it - anyone know what show I shoudl excavate!