Karl's tape - 5th Jan 1982

Stuart stuartb@...
Wed Jul 24 17:52:34 CEST 2013

Identified a few more tracks - there were too many possible Sinatras
tracks and indeed one is instead Big Wrong Time by the Fire Engines.
I think that the sound of the Finding Your Own Level is more Sinatras
than Original Mirrors, the keyboards sound very similar to the first
track That Shape. The fact that it is listed as Sinatras increases
confidence, it is just that the title of the track is not in the lyrics.
I've left in Mark's reservations until the track is fully identified.

Moving down, the Everest The Hard Way track is When You're Young.
Interestingly a couple of the band were in Fire Engines and Win, with
connections to Altered Images and Aberfeldy too.

The final track is really annoying me, the sound is familiar but just
can't identify it.

Stuart

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, MARK LUETCHFORD  wrote:

> Lyric was wrong and may not have been in the box (too late, too much
red wine) but Happy Feeling by the sinatras worth checking it out - He
played it a lot in 1981 and I captured for ever here. Second track in:

> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Liverpool%27s_Night_Of_Victory
>
> As good as Bloody - another great tune from this time was Unguarded
Moment by The Church.

> Hopefully Karl's Tapes will have more crackers of this ilk.

of hapy feeling - think it was in the box - send my giro to cairo being
a particularly fine line ...

> Brother Mark, methinks you are confusing this with 'Bloody' by the
Golinski Brothers....which is certainly a fine song.