[peel] Re: OT: Melorooney Vout

Pete Conkerton klacktoveedesteen@...
Wed Jul 24 11:24:25 CEST 2013

Well I was unfamiliar with the work of Mr. Gaillard, but this got my day off to a happy start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKdrnTTDTqo

Interestingly, Clinic's first album included tracks called 'Cement Mixer' and 'Voot' - and 'Cement Mixer' made the festive 50 in 1998 - but they sound nothing like SG...

Cheers aye, Pete

________________________________
 From: Alan Ford <ford.alan@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 23 July 2013, 23:13
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: OT: Melorooney Vout

So "Things are mellow rooney vout and oh dig it". The question is, where else have heard it? I'm sure I've got a record somewhere which samples it. Been driving me nuts all day.
whosampled.com has been no help ..

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 8:40 PM, billfromnorthwales <billfromnorthwales@...> wrote:

>mellow rooney it is
>
>look in this newspaper from 1946
>
>http://digitallibrary.usc.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15799coll104/id/63873
>

>The Slim Gaillard trio, known for its recording of "Cement Mixer" and "The Road to Pomona"
>heads the list of entertainment.
Gaillard, who speaks seven languages as well as his own "vout-o-reenie, yep-rock, mellow rooney" dialect,