[peel] Re: Banderas

Stuart stuartb@...
Fri Jan 25 19:52:41 CET 2013

Interestingly my first reply was rejected by Yahoo due to possible "abuse".
As soon as the Mediafire link was removed from the reply the mail was sent
OK. Obviously the tendrils of this file matching extend further...

Stuart

It will be a large database where files which have been uploaded have their
filename, description and known file hashtags compared, and where there is a
match, you are redirected to somewhere you can purchase the item
legitimately. No doubt Amazon (and possibly others) have provided a database
to file sharing websites. This matching could be done in seconds so the file
quickly disappears.

It's a win win, the companies like Amazon get referrals, and the file
sharing websites protect themselves against hosting obvious illegal content.

Stuart

  _____