Son of attic tapes

Pete Conkerton klacktoveedesteen@...
Wed Jan 2 12:23:01 CET 2013

Greetings all, I trust '13 is treating you well so far. I have a last day off work before grim reality beckons tomorrow, time enough to share the latest find from my mate's parents' attic. It's mostly a bunch of In Concerts, as follows:
19761106 E L O
19770115 Jess Roden Band (Peel intro)
19770122 Santana
19770219 Jethro Tull
19770910 Blue, Radio Stars
19770917 Pirates, Clayson & The Argonauts
19771029 AC-DC, Otway And Barrett
19771217 Alberto Y Los Trios Paranoias, Splinter
19780121 Gentle Giant
19780325 XTC, Steel Pulse
19790113 Lene Lovich, Wreckless Eric, Rachel Sweet
19790303 Sham 69, The Members
19790616 Dave Edmunds & Nick Lowe, Lew Lewis Reformer
19790623 The Tourists, Police
I've cross-checked dates against the Wiki http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/1977_In_Concert & all appears to be in order - the 29th October 77 show being AC/DC and Otway & Barrett as per Sight & Sound listing rather than SAHB as per Radio Times. Haven't played them all yet, but the ones I've dipped into are perfectly acceptable quality.
I suspect most if not all of these are already in circulation (and I've still completely failed to properly engage with the Mooo), so I won't upload any of them unless requested.
However...... there was also something labelled up as 'Rod Stewart Xmas concert'. A bit of research indicates that this is in fact the first hour of the Peel show from 24-12-76. http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/24_December_1976 I present it here for your delectation, and for the technically capable to add to the canon.
Caution: It's somewhat underpowered in the volume department, a rather (for my money) uninspired & uninspiring concert, contains not a word from the man himself, and features a drum solo.... I can only hope that the next batch contains the second half of the show, which would be an altogether more interesting proposition...

Cheers aye, Pete

          1976-12-24 Peel.zip
70 MB
          Your file(s) will expire in 30 days