[peel] David Quantick tells the story of the LP

Stuart stuartb@...
Sat Feb 2 17:07:51 CET 2013

Timely - just dropped my turntable off at the shop I bought it from 26 years
ago for some long needed TLC so I can play all those obscure 12" I keep
buying off Ebay/Discogs as a result of hearing them on vintage Peel shows..

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Davidquantick
Sent: 02 February 2013 15:43
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Cc: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] David Quantick tells the story of the LP

It is!

On 2 Feb 2013, at 15:29, Alan Ford <ford.alan@...> wrote:

Monday 22:00

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qsdf1

"18/11/2008"
Duration:
1 hour, 57 minutes
"Just over sixty years ago an invention was launched that was to
change the music world forever: after years of being restricted to 4
minutes a side, artists suddenly had 40 minutes to play with: this was
the birth of the album. David Quantick tells the story of the LP and
puts into its social context from vinyl to i-pod and back."

I don't understand why it says 18/11/2008. It also says "First
broadcast: Monday 04 February 2013". Is it a repeat?

Alan