[peel] Re: A Christrmas Gift For The List From Tom In Atlanta

Trevor Huddleston trevor_huddleston@...
Sat Dec 28 13:50:12 CET 2013

Hi John

I always had Elmore James doing the original "Pickin the Blues". Here for Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eauhPYoJlpM

Happy New Year!

Trevor

To: peel@yahoogroups.com
From: john.bravin@...
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:05:01 +0100
Subject: [peel] Re: A Christrmas Gift For The List From Tom In Atlanta

    Thanks Tom, every year you come up with some gem.

      Enjoyed listening to the whole show, but my ears really pricked up
      at 19:15 when Pat plays Bill Doggett's Honky Tonk in the
      background.  Was this the original for Grinderswitch's Pickin the
      Blues (Peel's long time signature tune).  I know all 12-bar blues
      sound kind of the same, but the likeness is startling. For a full
      clean version see Bill Doggett at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq4NhcfurgU

    John