[peel] Re: 24 October 1992

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Wed Aug 21 10:40:50 CEST 2013

Many thanks - missed the posting of this complete show - listening to it now and is a joy to behear - thank you Bill for stitching together, and to the original tapers and digitisers. He seemed to genuinely enjoy the opportunity. Looking forward to hearing the handover to Gazza D. As the page say MORE PLEASE!

How many turned off when the fall followed by some serious quality reggae assaulted their lugholes - that's Peel playing Reggae on daytime radio to all those who doubted his commitment to the genre! How many took his advice and went to see the best band in the world and their lives were transformed forever - I think we should be told!

 ... and explains that the dukla prague track is an "unknown unknown" rather than an "unknown" but why did he miss the opportunity to introduce the day time radio audience to Half Man Half Biscuit away kit song?

Going to see hmhb in Brighton in October at the Concorde 2 that has had some excellent reggae shows of late - including the Mighty Congos - if you are in the area keep your eye on it.

________________________________
 From: turnipwarlord.1974 <peter.tron@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 19 August 2013, 17:14
Subject: [peel] Re: 24 October 1992

mark,

i stumbled across another spinning of the dukla prague tune here :

Unknown: The Dukla Prague Song (Unknown)
(JP: 'Does make you feel kind of humble, doesn't it? That's the Dukla Prague song. I can't even give you the name of the artist because there isn't one on the record, but it was composed by Belo Hubec and Navordnic (??), who asked for 42 similar offences to be taken into consideration.