Gert's list

festivefifty john.bravin@...
Fri Apr 26 21:28:18 CEST 2013

Wow, what an incredible list of files. Thanks to Gert and Stuart for offering to make some available.

There are some interesting rarities (often available elsewnere, but not in a single compilation like this).  One such is the Pretty Things alter ego Electric Banana.  Notable in their very earliest recording (1967) as featuring Dick Taylor who was actually the Rolling Stones first lead guitarist.  Not to be confused with Mick Taylor who was the third!

In early rock terms The Pretty Things was pretty much the real thing.  with 61 convictions for offences, including assault with a deadly weapon, unlawful possession of a sawn off shotgun, obscene behaviour, destruction of property, destruction of a civil aircraft in flight, conspiracy to pervert an unlawful assembly, incitement to riot, and possession of unlawful Class "A" drugs.

And then they recorded a series of sound track music for Films and TV under the name Electric Banana.

Taylor left in 1969, played and produced Hawkwind and then played with the post punk band The Mekons in the 8os and 90s.

As I say there is much interest in Gert's list ...

John