Attic tapes part 2

mantoid2 stuartb@...
Wed Sep 26 23:10:31 CEST 2012

I usually encode at best quality vbr on Audacity, and stick to that even if re-encoding from a lower bitrate file to create a composite show. This is to avoid further degradation. Especially when converting from another compression format, when it may be different information that is chucked away at lower bitrates.

And have kept Flac and Audacity formats of everything for the day that we all have superfast broadband, 10Tb HDDs and a very large Mooo.....

Stuart