From the attic (part 2)

Pete Conkerton klacktoveedesteen@...
Tue Sep 25 01:32:07 CEST 2012

Latest finds from my mate's parents' tape box - another six of the retrospectives from August 1976 to go with the Cream & Beatles ones that came to light last year. This time we have the Stones, Soft Machine, Fairport, Yardbirds, Family & The Faces. Once again they've come to me as wma files, randomly chopped into tracks by (presumably) some over-intrusive software.

Audio quality is pretty good, slightly muffled but hardly any interference. Tape speed varies a bit - to my untrained ears it sounds like dying batteries on an old cassette player - but not enough to make much difference. The Faces programme in particular is a joy, full of anecdotes about JP's friendship with the band that more than make up for having to listen to 'Sailing' & Kenney Jones' solo single...

...except since the demise of Megaupload, I don't know what to do with them. I can't upload to the Mooo (or can I?) and my attempts to persuade Mediafire to work for me have come to naught. I'm happy to burn them to disc & send them to anyone who can deal with the technical stuff - gentlemen, the floor is yours.

Cheers aye, Pete