Muffled tapes

pauliesarchive pauliesarchive@...
Tue Sep 18 09:52:49 CEST 2012

It's all coming back to me! Many years ago I used to trade tapes weekly with a guy and I used to always have to adjust the playback heads on both my Hitachi's. If I didn't, then all you'd hear would be a muddy flanging swirling effect. Once adjusted, the quality was of course, superb. None of his trades ever chewed on my machines either despite a lot of adjustment being required.

I did mention this to him a few times but his idea of cleaning his heads was to lick his finger and wipe the heads with it!

Paul.