[peel] 73 Years Young

Stuart stuartb@...
Thu Sep 6 01:07:03 CEST 2012

A belated thanks to all concerned for these "birthday presents". I was too
busy trying to make sense of the 1991 edits to check me inbox!

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
so_it_goes_2512
Sent: 30 August 2012 17:28
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] 73 Years Young

Happy birthday John!  Thanks to Steve for the timely reminder. This is how
the party should sound:

1) 22 October 1993 <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/22_October_1993>   (Sessions:
Even As We Speak, Barry Adamson)

See (below)? There was method in my madness.  Complete 500 Box show, with
many thanks to Colin.

2) 23 April 1994 <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/23_April_1994>   (Sessions:
Even As We Speak, Archers Of Loaf)

It's not synchronicity that we have the EAWS session in first TX and repeat
on the same table: the taper who shared the 94 show originally has come up
with a complete recording pursuant to my session request, and it sounds
mighty good.

3) Over to the SL Tapes, and a couple that were mistakenly passed over from
ML's first batch.

L065 yielded a 'new' portion of 20 March 1992
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/20_March_1992>   (26 minutes up to the end) and
the conclusion of an AK show dated 1992-03-08 with Cheb Mami in session. (To
find the latter: Mooo/steve/Various/ Andy Kershaw.)  L072 contained part of
an AK Best Of Year show that was shared and an already available part of 19
December 1992 <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/19_December_1992>   that wasn't.
Many thanks to Mark for the rips and for having patience with re-upping the
recordings (there are more to follow).

4) And finally, the Hinton Box!

BH010 (side B) contained a small part of 02 April 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/02_April_1979>   and a larger section of 04
April <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/04_April_1979>  1979 . Short and pause
button they may be, but at present that's all we have of either show. Many
thanks to Brian and Colin.

To end, can I also say it would have been John and Sheila's 39th wedding
anniversary tomorrow, so best wishes to the lady herself who has played (and
continues to play) such a great part in the man's story.

All the best

Steve (TK)