[peel] Re: MP3 lengths variability (technical) (attn Bill)

Stuart stuartb@...
Wed Sep 5 21:47:29 CEST 2012

Just loaded the same file into Foobar2000 and it also claims the file is 86
minutes long and that it is a cbr of 128kbps. Loaded into MP3Val and got the
following

Analyzing file "E:\JP\Shows\1991\1991-10-19-20 L053.2.mp3"...

WARNING: "E:\JP\Shows\1991\1991-10-19-20 L053.2.mp3" (offset 0x43f): MPEG
stream error, resynchronized successfully

WARNING: "E:\JP\Shows\1991\1991-10-19-20 L053.2.mp3": VBR detected, but no
VBR header is present. Seeking may not work properly.

WARNING: "E:\JP\Shows\1991\1991-10-19-20 L053.2.mp3": Non-layer-III frame
encountered. See related INFO message for details.

WARNING: "E:\JP\Shows\1991\1991-10-19-20 L053.2.mp3": Different MPEG
versions or layers in one file. See related INFO message for details.

INFO: "E:\JP\Shows\1991\1991-10-19-20 L053.2.mp3": 100625 MPEG frames (1
V1L1, 0 V1L2, 100624 V1L3, 0 V2L1, 0 V2L2, 0 V2L3, 0 V2.5L1, 0 V2.5L2, 0
V2.5L3), +ID3v1+ID3v2, no VBR header

Done!

Tried fixing from that program but file lengths still 49:55 in Windows and
86 minutes in Foobar, and  MediaMonkey reports 43:48 256kbps cbr and the
progress bar runs on past it to 49:55!

Anyway no worries I can import it into Audacity for timings and re-export if
need be

Stuart

  _____