Zappa

colin bray colinbray@...
Fri Oct 26 23:38:56 CEST 2012

Hi folks, I'm currently digitising a new 500 Box show (10th December 1993) which was the first show broadcast after Zappa's death. Recalling our discussion about Zappa on Peel's show, John plays four songs "almost at random from the Zappa catalogue" in tribute: 'You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here' - as Mothers of Invention from 'Freak Out'  'Love of My Life' - as Ruben and the Jets from 'Cruising With Ruben and the Jets' 'Peaches and Regalia' - from 'Hot Rats' 'Dancing Fool' - from 'Shake Your Booty'
Unfortunately my tape only includes the last section of the final track so we don't know what John says by way of introduction but I have a vague memory that he sounded pretty gutted at the news. Cheers, Colin.