6music cassette amnesty

Humphrey thebarguest@...
Fri Nov 23 16:41:53 CET 2012

I trust that you're just talking about the "establishment"'s attitude to "popular music"... Yes, Cameron and Blair etc. state that their fave band is Floyd, Beatles etc. but do they believe in the liberal, peace-loving, freedom-loving lyrics ? Are they secretly heavy metal fans, loving lyrics about wars and killing machines ? Do they really prefer pop/rock to classical ? In every other way of course the establishment is the same - we've had Thatcherism now for 33 years ! They still want kids criminalised for smoking a joint and jailed for selling them ! And as someone said, never send a non-copied recording to the BBC (or anyone else) - they're extremely unlikely to play a whole show and may be fearful to return an 'illegal' (copyright-wise) item (and it may simply get lost in the post or Beeb corridors) !